CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bag Lady... Lalaloopsy style

I have always loved a good handbag or purse and apparently that is carrying over into my children. My boys love to put their treasures & stuff into backpacks, shopping bags, baggies... anything and then carry it all over the house. Gabby loves her little baby toy purses too. So when I couldn't find anything fun for Halloween treat bags I decided to make the kids theirs to coordinate with their costumes. I made Vincent (2.5yrs) a batman bag & it was a HUGE hit with him.

So the other day when I went to the store to pick up a present for a sweet little girl down the street and got a Lalaloopsy set, I decided to make a detour to the fabric section to make her a bag to go with it. Have you seen Lalaloopsy dolls & the mini ones? They are so cute... or should I say "sew cute" since they are made to look hand sewn sort of - with buttons for eyes & stitched mouths. I just love how funky & fun they are but still pretty cute. This is the result... 





I have heard from a few mama's that they would like to buy something like this. I think that I am going to try to make up a few & open an etsy shop & see how it goes. What do you think?


I have to finish Dominic's Green Lantern bag now and do Gabby's that will be some sort of butterfly bag to match her costume which I still need to finish up too... I'll of course post about them all :)

As a side note... this Lala toy was a huge hit with Gabby (who is 1) and we just might have to see if Santa can put one under the tree for her (or me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment