CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lalaloopsy Birthday Shirt

I recently had a friend contact me and ask me if I could make a shirt for her little girl's 5th birthday. She's got a cute Lalaloopsy Theme - complete with a Lalaloopsy costume picked out for her, BUT... just in case it was too hot or she gets tired of it my friend wanted something for her to wear that still went along with the theme. I was thrilled that she asked me to make something for 2 reasons - # 1 I love to do these & help people find the right shirt, #2 because I think Lalaloopsy dolls (big, mini, soft, medium... all of them) are so darn cute. :)
Here's what I came up with after she said she wanted something with a doll holding a balloon & some buttons on it. She mentioned that one of her daughters favorites was the Sugar Crumbs doll (if you've seen some of my other Lala appliques you'll note that in the past I've just put fabrics together that I liked) so this time I did a pretty close remake of the original working with what I had on hand & could find. I did use real buttons & hand stitched them all on + hand stitching for the mouth - all of which prompts me to really recommend a wash on gentle & line dry (which I always recommend anyway). 

I hope she likes it!




1 comment:

  1. Would you be willing to make another one? I will pay you!

    ReplyDelete