CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Wow! The Holidays are here & time is flying by isn't it?! I've kind of taken a break from sewing the last few weeks. Instead I've been decorating the house for Christmas & shopping for presents (mostly online this year). I wanted to share some pictures of what I've done around here with the help of some very inspiring pins from Pinterest.

This is one of my favorite things. I found the idea on a cute blog HERE on Pinterest. I used a cheap $2.50 wreath from WalMart, Some $1 store floral accents, last years after christmas sale ribbon, a few extra pine comes from my lanterns & 1 garland. It is the light fixture over our kitchen table.


Then I had to take it one step further & do the light fixture over our entry way. However when I started I thought I was going to wrap that chain... until I realized that all the way to top was waaaaay taller than any ladder we have, so I left it alone & lived to tell about it. :)








 Our tree - our 1yr old rearranges the bottom about every 10 minutes:) its still standing so I'm happy!


Now don't look to close to the clutter of frames... we've been here 1.5yrs I still don't have these shelves how I want them.
We put our stockings up to 1 side - b/c we use the fireplace & it gets too hot. We got the sled this fall at a local craft show thing from an antique shop that was there - SCORE $20. I've got some Jim Shore santas mixed in w/ Hobby Lobby ones on the mantle. On the other side on the bottom row are our past pictures with Santa, Christmas books and some additional holiday knick-knacks.


This time I filled up my lanterns with a multi pack of red, green & gold ornaments & some cinnimon scented pine cones. (it cost me about $18 total at WalMart) - plus I had extras that I used on my garland outside the frontdoor & on my kitchen light. I was inspired by THIS blog post I found on Pinterest. Gosh I love my lanterns.

On our TV cabinet (that Dan made for us a few years ago) I have my Mickey Christmas Village - I asked for pieces of it last year & the kids & I love it. We'll keep collecting in the future. I figured the Mickey Village was fun for our kids now & in many years hopefully we'll have plenty of grandkids to enjoy it too (I'm sentimental like that). There are a few more Santa's tucked in the shelves too.




We purchased this re-claimed wooden double star the same day as the sled (from a different shop) and it hangs across the livingroom from the fireplace. I put this cute little tin present garland on it - it was meant to display Christmas cards from it, but they always get knocked off of it.

I even added a small table top tree to the playroom. Its got some bell ornaments so I could hear if someone tried to pull it down. So far so good & I've never heard a sound :)

Of course what would Christmas with kids & Pinterest be like with out some Elf On The Shelf mischief. A few nights ago our elf (Buddy) was playing with some superheros in the kitchen.



Up next I'll hopefully get some pictures of the outside. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out too. How is your holiday decorating going?

No comments:

Post a Comment